Something Sweet To Eat and Something Fun To Do

I hope everyone had a great time celebrating New Years! I spent the night watching TV and sorting through recipe books and researching ways to make them healthier, so exciting I know LOL. One of my favorite hobbies is coming up with new recipes and new workouts, keeps me from getting bored eating the same food and doing the same workouts 😊 Last night I created a name game workout, it's fun if you have a short name....really hard if you don't 😣


I am sure there a lot of lower calorie options for something sweet, however I had 2 bananas that were getting too ripe and some greek yogurt that was a few days from expiring soooooo I found some recipes and combined the healthy parts of each and came up with this:




Chocolate Banana Chip Muffins
  • 1 Cup plain greek yogurt
  • 2 Medium Ripe Bananas
  • 2 Large Eggs
  • 2 Cups Rolled Oats
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 400 and prepare a muffin tin with 12 cupcake liners and spray aluminum cupcake liners with nonstick spray. Set aside.
Add all ingredients except the chocolate chips to a food processor and blend until smooth, stir in chocolate chips by hand. 
Pour batter into prepared muffin tin and fill 3/4 way full. 
Bake for 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Store in fridge for up to a week.

Makes 12 Muffins, nutrition per muffin based upon the brands of ingredients I specifically used
Calories: 154
Fat: 4.4
Protein: 4.4
Carbs: 25.3

ENJOY!




Comments