Day 6


Snacking, it is a bad habit of mine. If I am bored I eat, if I am tired I eat, I could snack on something all day long. Whether it is 80 calories per serving or a 200 calories per serving I just keep eating without a second thought! It seems that the self-control I once had as a gymnast is long gone…because I love to eat all the time without stopping.  It is funny because even healthy snacks, when not eaten in moderation, make you gain weight. I learned that very quickly when I started my journey of getting back in to shape and losing weight. I have always been a “grazer” of sorts because I like to eat all throughout the day or else I feel starving all day, so it is imperative that I get a few snacks between meals each day. I try to keep my snacks under 125 calories. Here is a list of 5 of my favorite healthy snack options right now:

        1. ½ cup Low fat Cottage cheese:

Calories: 90Fat: 2.5Protein: 13

2. ½ TB Skippy Natural Peanut Butter spread on a 50 calorie Caramel Rice Cake:

Calories: 98Fat: 4Protein:  3

3. 1 Cup Celery &  ½ TB Skippy Natural peanut butter (Celery is labeled as a negative calorie food)

Calories: 62Fat:4Protein: 2

4. 3oz baby carrots with 1 TB light ranch veggie dip (My dip has 30 cal per TB)

Calories: 65Fat:2Protein: 1

5. Kashi whole wheat blueberry waffle  toasted with 1 TB Weight Watchers cream cheese spread

Calories: 105Fat: 5Protein: 3

 

Interval Workouts

The last interval workout I like to do is a combination of cardio and strength training. Here is a short interval workout that is great to do first thing in the morning, or anytime during the day when you have 20-30 minutes of free time. This workout is great because it does not require any type of equipment, just some space.

   1 minute jog in place
   20 pushups
    1 minute jumping jacks
   20 situps
   1 minute pop squats
   30 second plank
  1 minute high knees
   20 squats
   1 minute jog in place
   20 tricep dips
   1 minute jumping jacks
   20 calf raises
   1 minute pop squats
   20 bicycle crunches

Repeat whole set twice for a heart lumping quick workout.

 

 

 

 

Comments