Crockpot Taco Soup - Simple and Easy for a Cold Day!


February has brought much colder temperatures and a lot of snow for me! Cold temperatures mean warming up with some yummy soup! I love spicy soup too, because I love spicy foods. This is one of my favorite soups to make and you can spice it up by using hot ingredients , or make it more mild by using mild ingredients.

Taco Soup
2 Cans Mild Chili Beans
1 Can Rotel Diced tomatoes and green chilis (you can use mild or hot)
1 Can Whole Kernel  Sweet Corn
1 Package low sodium taco seasoning mix (I use medium)
1 20oz container extra lean ground turkey
1 small can low sodium tomato sauce
2/3 Cup diced onions (I use frozen)
2/3 cup diced green peppers (I use frozen)
1 ½ cups water

In large skillet brown ground turkey and add taco seasoning as directed ln seasoning packet. Add all ingredients, including ground turkey, to crock pot. Mix ingredients well. Cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 3-5 hours.
Makes 10 servings
1 serving = 1 ½ cups
Calories: 192
Fat: 1.5
Protein: 17.7

This soup is really good when served with Fat free sour cream and fat free shredded cheese with a few fritos or tortilla chips crumbled up on top. (Toppings not included in nutritional value)

This is a good quick workout I found to tone your tush from home! 


                                      

Comments