Healthy Alternative to Buffalo Chicken Wraps

Well I am on day 4 of eating healthier, counting calories, and making time for exercise. I am proud to say I have gotten over 10,000 steps per day. This morning I got up super early and went for a 14.5 mile bike ride, and by keeping a steady faster speed I did it in less than an hour! It was a great workout, and a great way to clear my head and spend some time in prayer while enjoying the beautiful sight and sounds of nature. I encourage you to find a fun way to exercise! Exercise can quickly become boring and mundane, so be sure to switch up your routine often so that you won't get bored and lose interest. If your crunched for time with a busy schedule (like most parents) be sure to make the most of your time by finding a workout that burns more calories in a shorter amount of time, for example cycling vs. walking:



Since I am back on the bandwagon, and love spicy food, I thought I would find an alternative to my favorite fried buffalo chicken wrap from Beef O'Bradys. After trying a few different recipes and experimenting with ingredients, I have come up with my own delicious healthy version. 

Ranch Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps

Ingredients
  • 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
  • ½ cup buffalo sauce ( I use Frank's Hot Sauce)
  • 2 cups plain panko bread crumbs
  • 4-6 large soft leaves of lettuce
  • 1 cup cooked quinoa
  • ½ cup diced tomatoes
  • ½ cup diced avocado
  • ½ cup diced red and green pepper
  • Ranch Dressing (I used Hidden Valley's new Greek Yogurt Ranch for less calories)

Preheat the oven to 375 and spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
Toss the chicken in the ½ cup buffalo sauce, cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (The longer you soak the better, I typically soak them 4hrs).
Pour the breadcrumbs into a shallow dish. Coat each chicken piece evenly and place them on the prepared baking sheet. 
Bake for 30 minutes. You can toss the baked chicken with  extra buffalo sauce if you like.
To assemble the wraps, fill each leaf of lettuce with quinoa, tomatoes, peppers and avocado. Top with the crispy baked buffalo chicken, finish with a drizzle of ranch.

Approximate Nutrition Facts Based upon 5 servings (Depending on brands used, etc.)
Calories: 250
Fat: 6.3
Carbs: 30.6
Protein: 17.3

Have you made time for yourself today??


Comments