Day 4

I love finding new recipes that I can tweak and make a little healthier. I love pizza, it's a huge weakness of mine. I especially love the pizza from a little hole in the wall pizza place less than 2 blocks from our house. However buying pizza from a restaurant gets expensive and you never know how many calories are in it. Sure restaurants list their nutritional values, but they are rarely ever accurate because it's not like they measure out how much cheese they put on each pizza. So I have created my own quick meal that satisfies my pizza craving with out all of the calories.


Pizzadillas

8 slices pepperoni (I use regular pepperoni because it is all we had, if you use turkey pepperoni it is less calories)

1/4 cup shredded cheese (2% kraft mozerella )

1 Ole high fiber tortilla

1/2 cup diced onions and peppers (I use frozen pre diced onions and peppers that I thaw first)

1/8 cup pizza sauce

 

Heat a non stick skillet on medium heat, spray with a nonstick cooking spray (I use the pam olive oil spray). Put veggies, pepperoni, and cheese on one side of tortilla, fold over and cook about 3-5 minutes on each side until crispy and cheese is melted. Dip in pizza sauce.

 

Nutrition, specific to the ingredients I used.

Calories: 341

Fat: 14

Protein: 18

You can put anything in the pizzadillas, we put black olives, banana peppers, and jalepenos in them sometimes as well for a change. We just use what we have on hand. You can lower the calories by using turkey pepperoni and a lower fat cheese.

 

Interval Workouts

Interval workouts are a great way to ramp up the calorie burn and keep you from getting bored. Interval workouts can involve cardio and strength training, strength training two different parts of the body, or cardio intervals. For example if you like to walk add in an interval at a faster pace. Walk slowly for 5 minutes to warm up, walk at your normal moderate pace for 3 minutes, then walk fast or jog at a pace that gets your heart rate up for 1 minute, alternate a moderate pace walk for 3 minutes and a 1 minute speed walk or jog for a total of 20 minutes then follow up with a 5 minute slow walk cool down. The more vigorously you exercise the more calories you will burn - even if you just increase your intensity for a few minutes at a time. I will post another interval workout later this week that is one of my favorites.

 


 

 

Comments