Italian Quinoa Salad

After a long break of falling off the wagon,  I am back!!! I have started back on my eating smart and exercising with a whole new drive and motivation. I have decided to title my posts by the name of the recipe to keep me from possibly posting a duplicate. I get very bored eating the same old food all the time so I have started broadening my healthy food horizons and making up some new concoctions.


Italian Quinoa Salad:
(Quinoa is often labeled a super food)
4 cups water
2 cups quinoa
2 diced tomatoes
1 diced cucumber
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
3/4 cup italian dressing
Bring water and quinoa to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and cover and simmer for 15-20min (or until water is absorbed). Cool quinoa to room temperature. Add all remaining ingredients and stir. Chill at least 2hrs before serving.

Makes 6 Very Large servings:
369 calories
16.5g fat
12g protein

(I ate this as a side with tuna so I made 12 smaller servings and it was a lot less calories. This is very filling so a little goes a long way!)


This quote is so true as sometimes we have our bad days. However, I often find I am so hard on myself that my day isn't really that bad, I am just making myself miserable. As women we tend to be our own worst enemy, that is my new drive and motivation to getting in shape and living a healthier lifestyle inside and out!


This is a workout set I made for my cheer team and do with them at practice, it's a great quick workout:


Comments