A delicious protein packed Asian Noodle Salad, yum!

Life got busy and my desire to dedicate time and effort to my own health and fitness fell low on the totem pole. I also tore the Labrum in my right hip (same side as my 8 surgery knee) so for over 12 weeks I was fairly sedentary due to the pain. But I am slowly getting back into the swing of eating better and focusing on my own personal fitness. The turning point for me happened when I went in for my annual exam and the Dr. told me my BMI was in the overweight range....not exactly what I wanted to hear, but what I needed to hear to kick my butt into high gear. I am committing to getting at least 10,000 steps each day, eating healthier, and doing at least 20 minutes of strength training per day. It's not just about losing the weight to get in the healthy BMI range, but about feeling better about myself and feeling better physically as well as setting a good example for my daughter. What better time to start a new lifestyle habit than when my daughter starts Kindergarten tomorrow!?


As we have been trying to ease back into eating healthy I have started making home-made healthy meals for the family. This recipe was a hit with all 3 of us, and the leftovers were even better! This picture does it absolutely no justice....



Asian Noodle Salad
  • 1pkg (3oz) ramen noodle soup mix (discard seasoning packet)
  • 1pkg (14oz) cabbage slaw mix
  • 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken breast (no skin)
  • 4 green onions diced
  • 1/3 cup Cocktail peanuts
  • 1/2 cup Light Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing (I have used Kraft and Ken's dressing)
  • 1 Tbsp. Planters Creamy Peanut Butter
Break ramen noodles into small pieces in large bowl. Add coleslaw blend, chicken, onions and nuts; mix lightly. Discard seasoning packet from soup mix. Beat dressing and peanut butter with whisk until well blended. Add to salad and toss to coat.

Makes 4 Servings

Calories: 390
Fat: 18
Sat. Fat: 4.5
Carbs: 29
Fiber: 4
Protein: 30



Comments